The Application Support Engineer works with Winshuttle customers to ensure rapid identification, ownership, and resolution of application level issues, in addition to communicating updates back to the customer. The Application Support Engineer will take ownership of application issues and work with the Winshuttle technical teams to triage and resolve issues which impact product performance and reliability in customer-specific environments
In addition to working with customers, the Application Support Engineer will routinely partner with our Development, PS, and Cloud Operations teams to document bugs, perform basic regression testing, and ensure that new and newly upgraded application installations are successful.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary technical liaison between customers and other departments to resolve application issues
- Execute application regression testing utilizing existing test scripts and processes
- Partner with other technical teams to perform application patches and upgrades
- Develop, document, mentor, and train others in support procedures for application-related triage and problem solving
- Resolve highly complex technical issues associated with patch and upgrade deployments
- Lead support case resolution efforts for prescribed customer cases
- Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Escalation Engineering, and Cloud Operations to identify high priority application issues
- Provide implementation assistance as a SME to Professional Services and Cloud Operations
- Guide Support Analysts in researching, resolving and documenting customer server issues
- 4+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical commercial software applications
- Strong understanding of highly complex technical implementations which may include relational databases, networking, server set-up, single sign on and system administration.
- Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it, with excellence and confidence.
- Detail oriented. You have an ability to prioritize a high-volume workload in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven problem solver who loves tackling the difficult challenges and quickly arrive at the best solution.
- BA/BS degree in CS or technical degrees; equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Acts with the customer in mind, meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages own workload - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn.
- Communicates ideas – good facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT (People, Action, Continuous Learning, and Trust) values. Act as a good citizen of Winshuttle.
At Winshuttle, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. Winshuttle is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status.